May 14, 2008

CTR!!!

As you can guess we have been working on choosing the right in our home. I have been going head to head with Shaylee lately and I don't know why. Then all of a sudden something happened. Miss Shaylee was the best child a mother could ever ask for. We went grocery shopping and she is helping. Not just kind of helping I mean to tell you she was a fabulous helper. She helped carry all the groceries in, helped put them away, then disposed of the trash. I looked at Daniel and I said we better do some serious praising!! Yes, we did. We called every grandparent letting them know what an amazing daughter we have and the whole time she was beeming from ear to ear. When telling the grandparents, if I would leave anything out Shaylee was quit to remind me all the good things she had done. I decided to treat her to Sonic while the other kiddos were taking a nap. She loved having a date with mom. In the car she said, Mom it is hard work being good. I said yes but it will get easier. She said, I feel kind of funny inside. I said, that is the spirit telling you that you are making good choices. Her eyes lit up and she said, wow that does feel good to CTR. She said, Mom I might not be good all the time, it is hard work. I said everyone makes mistakes but as long as we are trying. The next day at church she got up in Primary and told them all to choose the right because she did and she felt the "holy spirit" and it feels so good. She was so proud of CTR and i think we all should feel the same way as my little girl. CTR but it is hard work!!

1 comments:

Melissa Bosen said...

What a neat story! You & Daniel are doing a great job!