January 25, 2008

Separation Anxiety!


Daniel and I wanted to go out to eat tonight and decided it was time to leave Emma home with the babysitter, considering we would only be gone for one hour. The babysitter came over and immediately Emma started puckering up. It was like she knew we were going to leave her. I put her in her exercise saucer because she loves that, hoping we could make our escape when she becomes occupied by the gadgets on the saucer. Ha ha not so fast mommy. The minute I set her in there and left the room she started whaling hysterically. It broke my heart and I couldn't do it. Needless to say, Emma - 1 point, Mom - o points. She knew how to work her mom and she ended up going with us on our date. I know I am weak I admit it.

8 comments:

Fred and Meili said...

It is amazing how fast they figure us out! She is so cute. I think she looks like Shaylee in this picture!

DaNelle said...

She is too dang cute to leave behind! You take her with you!

Kellie said...

Was it her having anxiety or you?! ;-) Teague tries to pull stuff like that too.

Talia said...

Oh Kerri she is sooo flippin cute!!! I would not want to part with her either, but my kids are total opposite the minute they see the babysitter they start to laugh and play it makes leaving easy!! J/K anyway cant say how cute she is enough!! love ya

sweetpeas said...

How could you leave that little face esp when she is sad!!

Jenna said...

I would cave, too. I think I have more anxiety over leaving my boys than my boys do, though! I just miss 'em too much.

Robertsons said...

She is VERY cute...& we SO know how you feel!

Melissa Bosen said...

I'm there with you, Kerri! I have a hard time leaving the boys. Although, I think it's harder for me than them. But I'm getting better. I can leave them for about 2-3 hours now and still have a great time! :) It's only taken me 5 1/2 years to get there though! :)