November 04, 2009

School has Started




School has finally started and Shaylee has been waiting all summer for this day. Blake, on the other hand, has not been excited. As we started of to school Mom tried to get everyone excited for their big day. When we got to school Blake started getting excited and his teacher Mrs. Reed who is fabulous made the transition so smooth. She was so excited to see Blake and that just made his day. She even told him they had dinosaurs in his room, I think from then on he was hooked. We all said our goodbyes to Blake and set of for Shaylee's first grade classroom. As we started to get close Shaylee began to cry. What, this is not like my daughter she loves school. By the time we got to her room she was hysterical and wanted me to take her home. I told her no and that she needed to stay. She told me, "Don't you want me, I want to be with you." My heart broke, I want to pick her up and take her home and not ever take her back. I knew she really needed to stay though. As she hung on my neck for dear life, her teacher told me she would take over whenever I was ready. Of course I wasn't ready but I motioned to the teacher and she had to literally pry Shaylee off of me. I hurried out of the room as tears came trickling down my face. I hurried to the car and called my mother to tell her what a horrible mother I was. I felt terrible, so later I snuck a peak in SHaylee's classroom to make sure she was fine. She was , of course, and from then on she loved it. She came that first day of school telling me that first grade was almost just like Kindergarten. She thought the teacher was going to make her read a chapter book in front of the class on her first day. Silly girl!


0 comments: