December 14, 2008

Here Comes Santa!




We saw the real Santa! He came to Missouri to visit us at Bass Pro. My children were so excited and couldn't believe he brought his reindeer. We had to tell Santa what we wanted this year. My kids thought they had to ask for the same present as last year, so I had to take them shopping to figure out what they could ask for. I told them to pick whatever they wanted. Blake picks a dinosaur, of course. Shaylee decided to pick the most expensive thing, a Barbie jeep. I told her Santa was on a budget and she needed to pick up something that would fit better in the sleigh. She decided to settle on an easel. I think that was a better choice. When they sat on Santa's lap he asked them what they wanted and they were ready to tell. Then, he asked what else they wanted. Shaylee looked at him and told hiim that Santa only brings one present. I don't know if you all know that, but it is true in our house. Emma did not want anything to do with that strange looking man. She doesn't let anyone hold her let alone a guy with a beard and reaindeer staring at her in the background. So Daniel had to hold her and Santa snuck in the picture without her noticing. Shaylee is really big into Santa this year. A boy in her class doesn't believe and she told him that if he doesn't believe Santa would bring him a black thing that goes on the fire. I had to inform her that Santa only brings a piece of coal to those children that are naughty. Her come back, " I think it is naughty for not believing." I didn't know what to say. Blake wants to open his presents every day and does not get why we have to wait until Christmas. That just isn't fair! Blake and I made a chain, so it wouls be easier to know how many days left. Of course they are smarter then you think. I told him once we tear off all of the chain then it will be time. "Mom, why can't we just tear it all off and then we can open presents?" Blake is learning to be too smart like his sister. Is it here yet? Merry Christmas!!

9 comments:

DaNelle said...

Kerri, that is so funny Shaylee said Santa only brings one present! We are laughing hard at that over here!

Robertsons said...

LOVE the photo on top!!! Very cute family!

kelli said...

NICE FAMILY PHOTO, it is good to see YOU in a blog photo! Love seeing your updates.

Travis and Marie said...

I love that Santa came to Bass Pro...we would've seen him if he came to ours too...oh well!

Travis and Marie said...

btw----cute picture at the top...love it!

Talia said...

That Shaylee girl cracks me up!! She is so smart!
I can't believe how big Emma is getting she looks like a little girl! (in a good way) She is WAY cute!!
I Also love your family picture, I havn't seen you in along time!! I really like your hair!
Hope you guys are have a wonderful Holiday season!! Miss Youa

Corene said...

I think Daniel makes a great Santa. And I LOVE the family picture. We need to do that some day.

JakenDebbie said...

You have such a beautiful family, Kerri. I love the family picture. :)

Melissa Bosen said...

It's been a while since I've checked blogs and I'm so behind on commenting!!
Your kids are so funny! I need to do better at writing down the funny things my boys say so I can remember them.
You look so great in that family picture. Love your hair!