September 13, 2008

Shaylee is in Kindergarten



OK so Mom had a break down. We were spoiled for preschool having the best teacher in the world, so my expectations were a little high for Kindergarten. I went to parent orientation and probably was more nervous than Shaylee. I admit I was a mess. I wanted the best for my child and wasn't sure about the teacher they had picked out for my Shaylee. Well Mrs. Reed, the preschool teacher, came to my rescue and was there to meet us in her kindergarten class to make sure everything was perfect for Shaylee. She even came the night before and brought Shaylee a book, notepad and paper. Shaylee was very sad that her preschool teacher could not be her kindergarten teacher too. Let's just say that Mom was a ball baby on the first day. For those of you who know Shaylee might have thought I would be happy she was going but I was a wreck. I held it together until I left the classroom then the tears started flowing. Since then her teacher has turned out to be great and Shaylee absolutely loves it. Shaylee is Miss Personality and loves telling me who got their card turned and she didn't. I then find her in her room with her stuffed animals lined up teaching them. I learn a lot about how who teacher is by what Shaylee teaches her dolls and animals.

1 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

AT least you survived it....does she go a full day or a half day?